Univ.Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Ing.
- Structure of Mobile Wireless Systems and Networks
- The cellular principle/Erlang distributions
- Architecture of transmitter and receiver
- Service in mobile communications
- Modulation and transmission in wireless systems
- Uplink and downlink
- Wireless channels
- Combatting fading
- Access methods
- How do wireless networks work
- Basics of GSM
- Basics of UMTS
- Transmission with multiple antennas
- Wireless network planning
Preliminary exercise dates can be found on TISS under events, by activating option "show single appointments".
Homework problems can be downloaded from TISS, usually two weeks before the exercise class.
The exercises have to be solved and sent to the assistants by no later than 48h before the lecture.
the midterm covers everything that has been done in class until then.
The questions asked will be similar to the homeworks.
You are allowed to use a calculator and lecture notes.
The final will be oral.
For registration directly contact one of the professors.
If a special appointment is needed, contact one of the professors.
- Wednesday 20.02.2013
- Wednesday 24.04.2013
- Friday 21.06.2013 (exchange program students only!)
- Wednesday 26.06.2013
Final list of credits SS2013:
More information on this course can be found on TISS (tiss.tuwien.ac.at).
All communication and announcements to this coures will be made via Tiss, so please add this course to your favorites.