- Flexible Wireless Systems (group of Prof. Christoph Mecklenbräuker)
- Communication Theory (group of Prof. Gerald Matz)
- Collaboration: Peter Gerstoft (UCSD)
- Stochastic signal processing
- Wireless sensor networks
- Decentralized Bayesian estimation
- Particle filtering
- Bayesian performance bounds (Sequential Weiss-Weinstein bounds)
- Numerical approximations of (stochastic) partial differential equations
Indoor localization of an acoustic source in a wave field:
- Localization of an acoustic source in a 2-D hallway (left/right: walls) utilizing 8 sensors aligned close to the walls. The algorithm employs the physical structure. One goal is to partion the region into different clusters and to apply a decentralized algorithm.
Sequential Weiss-Weinstein bounds:
- Presentation for the 46th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Asilomar, USA, November, 2012.