Olivia Nemethova finished her diploma studies in January 2001 at the Slovak University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology in Bratislava. The scope of her thesis was a study of possibilities to adapt the error correcting codes to the wireless systems with smart antennas.
In parallel she worked within an Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) management team responsible for evaluation of IPRs regarding radio access networks.
Olivia Nemethova obtained her Dr.techn. degree in 2007 from Vienna University of Technology. The scope of her thesis was the error resilient transmission of video streaming over wireless mobile networks.
At present she is with Grünecker Patent- und Rechtsanwälte PartG mbB.
- error concealment for H.264 video
- user perceptual video quality evaluation and objective metrics
- error resilience methods and cross-layer design for multimedia over wireless
- preprocessing of multimedia content for transmission over wireless networks
- monitoring of QoS in wireless networks
- radio network optimization and simulation