I received my Dipl.-Ing. and Dr. techn. degrees with distinction from the Vienna University of Technology in 2008 and 2013, respectively. Since 2008 I have worked at the Institute of Telecommunications (ITC), in the group of Prof. Gerald Matz. In 2009 I spent three months at the Laboratoire des Signaux et Systèmes in Gif-sur-Yvette, France, within the framework of the Network of Excellence in Wireless Communications (NEWCOM++), to work with Prof. Pierre Duhamel. A visit in 2010 to Telecom Bretagne in Brest, France, initiated an ongoing collaboration with Prof. Alexandre Graell i Amat (now with Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg). In 2011 I visited Chalmers University for six months. I defended my PhD thesis in February, 2013.
Personal Homepage: http://www.schwandter.at
- Coding for the multiple-access relay channel with correlated sources
- LDPC-type codes and their encoding/decoding algorithms
- Iterative receivers: complexity reduction, message representation, scheduling
- Bit-interleaved coded modulation
- Theory of message passing algorithms, connection to MAP decoding