Reply To: LTE network simulation, Handover procedure simulation

Ben Kaya
Participant

Dear Fjolla Ademaj ,
Sorry for flooding the forum. i was just a bit lost with this simulator.
To reply this question, this is the flowchart of my thesis:

1. Simulating an LTE network (7enodeBs, 3 sectors/eNodeB, bw=5MHz, frequency=2 GHz, simulation time of TTI=1000, UE distribution and so forth).

2. After simulation, we will obtain the CQI curves, BLER, Pathloss, and so on and from there, we will obtain the most important parameter for handover procedure ( RSRP) which is the measurement reports from the UE to the serving eNodeB to decide if the handover can be done or not.

3. Then we need to implement the handover procedure in the simulator to calculate the number of handovers with the inputs parameters like :
-Tunable parameters (Hysteresis and Time-To-Trigger) from 3GPP standard
-RSRP
4. After obtaining the HO statistics which will contain the number of success HO, number of HOF, number of Ping-pong HO, number of dropped call, number of success call, number of non-ping pong and then i will use these output parameters to calculate the HIP of the HO Failures, PING-PONG HO and Radio link Failure.

5. To evaluate the network performance, i will need to sum of the HPI in Handover performance (HP) by using the weight factors which are chosen by the operator policy (The most important parameter the operator takes more into account for his network performance) .

6. From there, I will apply my HO parameter optimization algorithm that will give me the best combination point of HYST and TTT with the best network performance.
I am thinking to use convex optimization :
-my objective function will the HP which is the sum of the 3 HPI by minimizing the HP.

I hope it is now clear better than the previous explanation.

From this https://www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/research/mobile-communications/forums/topic/handover-2/

you said “If you want to define a different handover procedure, changes have to be done in the function move_all_UEs() of the LTE_sim_main.m file.”

I am using Vienna_LTEA_SLS_v2.0_Q3_2018 with my license agreement
1. My first question is what kind of change do we have to do in the function move_all_UEs() of the LTE_sim_main.m file?
2. secondly, after applying my HO procedure, which files contain the HO statistics (the number of success HO, number of HOF, number of Ping-pong HO, number of dropped call, number of success call, number of non-ping pong)
3. How can I calculate the HPI of the 3 and the HP of all using weighting factors by applying the TTT and HYST ?
4. why are the files .mat corrupted after the simulation?

I am expecting first to reproduce this scenario before to apply my proposed algorithm to see how is the gain on this scenario?

Sorry for my long message, I am looking forward to seeing your message!!!
Thank you !!!
Best regards!!!