Reply To: How to simulate System Level Simulator to get BLER curve with MIESM for MU-MIMO

Roesdiade
Participant

Hi many thanks Fjolla,

I have some more questions.

For any type of simulation scenario, by setting LTE_config.show_network = true; you will automatically get two plots: first the LTE BLER for CQIs 1-15 and second, the SNR-CQI mapping done for 10% BLER. These reslts come after calibration of our system level simulator with link level simulator. Also the parameter beta used for MIESM is calibrated for each CQI.

I have found in LTE_load_params_dependant.m that called in LTE_sim_main.m, there are .mat given values from link level simulator.
So, the system level is processing output of link level simulator, right? and I have to do iterate link level to get different .mat values result?

My reference

I. Latif, F. Kaltenberger and R. Knopp, “Link abstraction for multi-user MIMO in LTE using interference-aware receiver,” 2012 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Shanghai, 2012, pp. 842-846.

that also refer to this reference

Regarding the MIESM algorithm used in our simulator, you can reffer to the following paper:
L. Wan, S. Tsai, and M. Almgren, “A fading-insensitive performance metric for a unified link quality model,” in Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications
and Networking Conference (WCNC2006), vol. 4, Apr. 2006, pp. 2110–2114;

said that we can simplify calculation of link level with system level by MIESM method that mapping Symbol Information per subcarrier to obtain SINR effective and plot the BLER abstraction.

in +utils/miesmAveragerFast.m to get BICM or MI based for quality model, it is clear how to get SINR effective, but I do not know to realize the BLERabstraction curve to SNR based MCS as result in Lei Wan paper. would you like to show me how to plot it?

Is it possible if I have beta table from previous work, replaces beta calculation +utils/miesmAveragerFast.m in order to get better time processing?

Thank you for your help.