3GPP 3D Channel Model Standalone MATLAB Code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    harsha
    Participant

Dear Moderators

I am completely new to this simulation environment. I have some basic questions running 3GPP 3D Channel Model Standalone MATLAB Code.
    1. Can I run the LTE_sim_main_launcher_3D_model.m alone within the folder 3D_Channel_Model_Stand_Alone to get the channel matrix of 1.41e8 elements as explained in the eurasip paper or should I include the folder into system simulator and run the code to obtain the channel coeffiecents.

I am trying to see the channel matrices at each UE at given location. Can you please help in this regard.

Regds and Thanks in advance
    Harsha

Dear Harsha,

The standalone code of the 3GPP 3D model in one of the earliest versions of the code which needs a launcher file in order to be executed.
    To get the channel matrix you mention, I recommend to use our LTE-A System Level simulator v1.9 Q2-2016. In sim_main_launcher_files, use LTE_sim_main_launcher_3D_model.m to start simulations.

If you are referring to the paper F. Ademaj et al. ‘Evaluating the Spatial Resolution of 2D Antenna Arrays for Massive MIMO Transmissions’, EUSIPCO 2016, you can consider a single user in a single eNodeB scenario, by just modifying input parameters in the launcher file.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Sherif
    Participant

Dear Fjolla,

By single eNodeB, do you mean single one-sectored eNodeB or tri-sectored eNodeB?

If one-sectored eNodeB, can you please point to the specific input parameters to modify using v1.9 Q2-2016 with the 3D channel model?

Best regards,
    Sherif

Dear Sherif,

In this case, by single eNodeB, I mean a single three-sectorized eNodeB, meaning that I use the config file +simulation_config/tri_sector_3D.m. By considering a single user per sector, and neglecting the interference from two neighboring sectors, you can average the results over three sector to get the performance of a single eNodeB – single UE scenario.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.