5G mmWave waveform generation

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Ellsworth
    Participant

Is there any current (or planned) support for 5G mmWave (> 6GHz) simulation? I am looking for a way to generate mmWave waveform files that can be exported as a Matlab .mat file and then reproduced by real-time by an arbitrary waveform generator.

Thank you
    Nathan Ellsworth
    University of Texas at Dallas
    Telecomm Engineering PhD Student

Dear Nathan,

basically our 5G LL Simulator generates any kind of multi carrier signal, please refer to the list of features for details. This signal however, is not specific to any carrier frequency since it is a baseband signal. I am not quite sure what you have in mind for a mmWave waveform?

kind regards
    Stefan

Nathan Ellsworth
    Participant

Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking for a way to generate a valid short sample 5G mmWave waveform to test an FPGA DSP board in our lab. This sample would be an array of I and Q values representing the 5G mmWave waveform picked up by an antenna.

If your simulator just generates the baseband signal, is there a way to capture some frames of data out of the simulator and then modulate them up to the carrier frequency?

Thanks
    -Nathan

Dear Nathan,

you may just consider the generated transmit signal and multiply it with a carrier of your choice. Please keep in mind that we are just implementing the PDSCH and PUSCH in our simulator. Depending on what you consider as a “representative” 5G waveform, there are many logical channels missing.

best
    Stefan

muhammad abbas
    Participant

Dear sir,
    I want to use 5G simulator to investigate the performance of video streaming over mmwave (subnet < 6Ghz), please can you give me a clue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.