a generic question regarding to the cell assignment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hansong Xu
    Participant

Dear friends,

Here are three questions I have no idea, would you please give me some suggestions or clue,

1. If there are two femtocells nearby a UE, what are the metrics to decide which one the UE should connect to?

2. Who decide the connection of the UE (BS or UE or centrol controller)?

3. How to set up the data transmission between UE and femtocell (after connected), for example, streaming data or data packets?

Thanks
    Hansong

Hi Hansong!

1. The cell association is done by choosing the BS/Femto that provides the highest recveived power at the UE. This is done including the transmit-power, large scale path loss and shadowing, but not fading.

2. The decision is not taken by the actors in the network, but on an abstract level, simply comparing the received powers (as described above). So you could say that corresponds to the decision of a central controller.

3. In general, the UEs are assumed to be “fullbuffer” users. To activate traffic models, you can set

simulation_type = ‘tri_sector_tilted_traffic’;

in your launcher file. The currently implemented traffic models can be found in +traffic_models. The assigment is done in LTE_trafficmodel.m

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the cell association or traffic models.

Best regards,
    Martin

Hansong Xu
    Participant

Dear Martin

The answers you given are sufficient and exact. I appreciate your response.

My ultimate goal is to create kind of distributed sleep mode controlling scheme. For a simple example, a BS can be wake up only when a package from nearby UE has been received.

What I currently thinking is to modify the traffic pattern, and the controlling at the abstract level.
    Do you have any comments or suggestions please.

Thank you!
    Hansong

Hi Hansong!

Good to hear that it worked.

For what you described, I would say that it mostly depends on the number of UEs per sector as well as on their traffic models (the frequency of how fast new packets are generated), as well as the bandwidth (how fast can the generated packets be transmitted). In the schedulers that support traffic models (RoundRobin_Traffic and PropFair_Traffic) you will see that by checking attached_UEs(user_ind(ii)).traffic_model.bit_count; you can check if a traffic model has data available. This could be a trigger for you to turn on a BS.

Best regards,
    Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.