Calculating energy consumption/UE or BS over time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ajit Singh
    Participant

Is it possible to get individual node (UE or BS) energy consumption over simulation time including fading effects in the simulator? If so, then please briefly guide me for modifying the simulator files.

Regards
    Ajit Singh

Dear Ajit Singh,

in our 5G LLS, we assume that a node transmits with a constant average power, as set in the parameters. Also, with a full buffer assumption (no traffic model), each node always transmits when scheduled. Since the current scheduler is a fixed one, it is not changing with time. Therefore, the power consumption for each node, is the same in each subframe an can easily be calculated. However, I am not sure whether this was what you were looking for.

Also, I am not quite sure, what you mean by including fading effects? Since there is no power control implemented in our simulator, the channel state does not influence the transmit power and therefore energy consumption.

best
    Stefan

Ajit Singh
    Participant

Hi Stefan,
    Apologies for not asking question clearly. While node power is fixed at transmit side, I intend to measure/compare signal powers at the receiver side for various nodes which will be influenced by 1) channel models (pedestrian, vehicular etc.) 2) due to non-perfect equalization at receiver side, and 3) due to various 5G waveforms utilized. I hope the question is clearer now.

Regards
    Ajit Singh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.