Channel model of typical urban

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kai Cheng Wang
    Participant

Hello
    Does anyone know that how does channel model of typical urban be implemented in LTE-A downlink system level simulator? By the way, I don’t understand the means of TU_1x1_SIXO_20MHz_500.0Kmph_1s_delay_0_v1_ and TU_BS-1TX_UE-1RX_20MHz_500.0Kmph_1s_v2_ in channel trace file. Can someone tell me? thank you.

Sincerely
    Kai Cheng Wang

Kai Cheng Wang
    Participant

Hello

Can someone answer my question? thanks.

Sincerely
    Kai Cheng Wang

Dear Kai,

The typical urban (TU) channel model is a pdp-based channel model. You can find the implementation on +channel_gain_wrappers/pdpChannelFactory.m.

In the simulator it is possible to generate a channel trace for the first time and then reuse the same in other simulations by setting these parameters to
    LTE_config.cache_network = true;
    LTE_config.delete_ff_trace_at_end = false;

Otherwise you generate a new trace in each simulation run and delete it at the end of simulation.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Kai Cheng Wang
    Participant

Dear Fjolla
    Thank you for your reply. I still have several questions that I want to ask. Does channel trace save channel matrix? what is different between TU_1x1_SIXO_20MHz_500.0Kmph_1s_delay_0_v1_ and TU_BS-1TX_UE-1RX_20MHz_500.0Kmph_1s_v2_? thank you.

Sincerely
    Kai Cheng Wang

Dear Kai,

The channel matrix is saved as UE object for each user.

Two channnel traces are supported by our simulator:
    – v1 channel trace: enables to determine the optimal precoder for each transmis-sion rank a-priori as the channel H is known a-priori
    – v2 channel trace: supports runtime precoding based on the actual channel H determined at the runtime

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Kai Cheng Wang
    Participant

Dear Fjolla
    Your reply helps me a lot, thank you. However, I have some questions that let me confuse. In workspace of MATLAB, I can’t find the channel matrix of every UE. How can I reveal the channel matrix of UE in workspace? Another question, does channel of typical urban consider the doppler effect? thank you.

Sincerely
    Kai Cheng Wang

Dear Kai,

For the channel models except the 3GPP 3D model, the channel matrix for the desired channel H_0 and for the interfering channels H_i is can be found from the UE object as:

obj.downlink_channel.secondary_fast_fading_models(1,1).ff_trace.H_0
    obj.downlink_channel.secondary_fast_fading_models(1,1).ff_trace.H_i

Yes the typical urban channel model considers the doppler effect. There is a very good paper that might be helpful for you:

Yahong Rosa Zheng and Chengshan Xiao, “Simulation models with correct statistical properties for Rayleigh fading channels”

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.