Channel prediction methods

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Seerwan
    Participant

Hi Stefan
    Hope you are fine.

Please I have the following questions about channel prediction methods [ ‘flat’,’linear’,’pchip’,’spline’,’DPSS’,’MMSE_2D’].

1) Are these methods for tackling any delay in channel information ? (I mean the delay of propagation and processing ?) and is the channel variation also included in the calculations?

2) Could you recommand for me the best network scenario to check the diffrence between these methods beacuse I didn’t find a noticable difference between them.

3) I want to know more about prediction methods above could you recommand me any reference papers that include the mathematical expression of these methods.

Regards

Seerwan

Dear Seerwan,

the channel prediction is for compensating the feedback delay. With channel prediction, the feedback parameters are calculated from a predicted channel, such that the calculated feedback parameters fit the channel at the actual time of transmission.

You find a description of the implemented methods in my master thesis
    http://repositum.tuwien.ac.at/obvutwhs/download/pdf/1337680?originalFilename=true
    there they are described as channel interpolation, however, methods are used in terms of extrapolation for channel prediction

To see the impact of channel prediction you need to set the following parameters: downlink delay >0, user speed >0, activate feedback, activate channel prediction, use correlated fast fading channel model

best
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,

Hope you fine and well.

Please I have the following question:
    What is the number of antenna system [N (no. of antenna at BS) x M (no. of antenna at UE)] in the LTE-A ? for the following releases:
    1) Release 10
    2) Release 11
    3) Release 12
    4) Release 13
    5) Release 14
    6) Release 15
    7) Release 16

and what is the real system which is already used in the current 4G networks ?

Best regards

Seerwan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.