Code block CB

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    oscar
    Participant

I would like to reproduce the BLER curves used in the NS3 simulator, to that end I understand that i need to set specific values of the code block CB =[40,104,160…], Does anyone know how/where to set this parameter?. is it possible to do so?. what i have found so far is that the CB depends on multiple other variables.

Hi Oscar,

unfortunately, I am not sure what the NS3 simulator is. Also, what do you mean by CB, the length of a codeword?

best
    Stefan

oscar
    Participant

Hi Stefan thanks for answering.
    CB is the code block (Transport block is divided into smaller size code blocks, which is referred as code block segmentation). What I need is to be able to change the size of the CB (CB values from 40 to 6144 bits)

Dear Oscar,

to my best knowledge, the codeblock length cannot be controlled directly in our simulator. According to the CQI value and the number of scheduled resources, a certain amount of data bits is generated. These data bits are then passed to the channel coder for encoding and interleaving. Coded bits are mapped to symbols and modulated.

This process is done according to the LTE-A standard such that all the scheduled resources are utilized with a modulation and coding according to the CQI value. I am actually not completely sure, how the codeblock length is chosen exactly within this process. However, to directly control the CB, you would have to modify the channel coding within the simulator.

best
    Stefan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.