component carrier selector in LTE-A with carrier aggregation

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    walaa khalifa
    Participant

I’m doing master’s research about “performance evaluation of acrrier agggregation in LTE-Advanced
    i am using :LTE-A-DL-System-Level-Simulator-Rel-v1-9-Q2-2016
    i found two type of cc selector ,there are (all and cyclic)
    LTE config.CC selector: Specifies the CC selector to use.
    { = ‘all’: This selector assigns every UE with CA support to all
    active CC of the eNodeB and only to its primary CC if does not
    support CA.
    { = ‘cyclic’: This selector assigns the UEs cyclically to the active
    CC. Therefore, the first UE of the eNodeB will get assigned to the
    first active CC, the second UE of the eNodeB to the second active
    CC, …
    please i want more detailes about all and cyclic cc selector
    the concept of algorithm and how it’s work ??
    thank’s

Dear Walaa,

As explained in the documentation of simulator, two modes are possible how to select carriers as you have mentioned:
    CC_selector can be set to:

1. ‘all’ – Here all active users support Carrier Aggregation. For more details you can check the file +CC_selectors:all_CC_selector.m.

2. ‘cyclic’ – Since users have ID-s to be identified, user with ID =1 will be assigned to the first carrier component, user with ID = 2 will be
    assigned to the second carrier component and this continues in a cyclic fashion. This assignment is done for users served by one eNodeB. For more details you can check the file +CC_selectors:cyclic_CC_selector.m.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

walaa
    Participant

please can i get more theoretical explanation to all & cyclic selectors?
    i can’t understand them well in code

– what’s consideration that the (all and cyclic )selectors take it into account such as QOS , UE capability ,delay,packet loss,interference ??
    i notice ‘cyclic’ better in fairness and less throughput but ‘all’ better in throughput , spectral efficiency and resource block, is it right??

– why the program select those two selector ?what’s the advantages of them compare with other method or algorithm of cc assignment (random , round robin , practical swarm optimization (PSO) (which is better in throughput and fairness),greedy algorithm

– what’s the concept of empirical cumulative distribution function (what’s mean of ecdf of throughput ,ecdf of SINR and ecdf of spectral efficiency ??

-can i presents in result number of user equipment versus average UE throughput , number of user equipment versus spectral efficiency and number of user equipment versus fairness ???
    thank’s

Dear Walaa,

1. The carrier selection is very simple, it is not based on any UE specific capability, it is only based on the user ID to select the carrier in a cyclic fashion.

2. Currently we only offer these two modes for carries selection. More advanced algorithms are not considered in this version.

3. The empirical CDF is the distribution function associated with the empirical measure of a sample. In your case, you have measures for throughput, and from these measures you can estimate the comulative distribution function of the throughput.

4. Our simulator provides a big variety of measures of parameters, so you can access these parameters in the results file and plot different cases. If you want to have more parameters saved then use the following command in the launcher file: LTE_config.compact_results_file = 0;

If you have difficulties understanding concepts used in our simulator, I recommend the following book: Markus Rupp , Stefan Schwarz and Martin Taranet, “The Vienna LTE-Advanced Simulators: Up and Downlink, Link and System Level Simulation”, Springer 2016.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

walaa
    Participant

Hello
    1. well, i want to compare between all and cyclic selectors and represent the result of both in same figure how can i do this ?
    i am trying to put both result in queues but i can’t and i don’t find the function that contained calculations of throughput,SINR, spectral efficiency, fairness ???

2. i tried to aggregate 5 component carriers but program give me this error

Error using save
    Unable to write to MAT-file E:\target folder
    2\Vienna-LTE-A-SLS-v1-9-Q1-2016-Carrier-Aggregation\results\800MHz_2.40GHz_2.60GHz_800MHz_800MHz_freq_20fMHz_bw_TU5.0Kmph_10TTIs_20180204_032410_lab01_prop_fair_Sun_prop_fair_Sun_prop_fair_Sun_prop_fair_Sun_prop_fair_Sun_1x2CLSM_1x2CLSM_1x2CLSM_1x2CLSM_1x2CLSM_runtime_precoding_r1375_.mat

File may be corrupt.

Error in LTE_sim_main (line 702)
    save(fullfile(LTE_config.results_folder,LTE_config.results_file),’LTE_config’,’CC_networkPathlossMaps’,’sites’,’eNodeBs’,’UEs’,’FFR_UE_mapping’,’CC_traces’,’finish_time_s_full’,’-v7.3′);

Error in LTE_sim_main_launcher_demo_RRH_carrier_aggregation (line 188)
    output_results_file = LTE_sim_main(LTE_config);

i don’t know what’s the problem ?

3. what the release of carrier aggregation in program ?

4. please i want flow chart for all & cyclic method?

5. what’s the duplex mode that using in program FDD or TDD??

thanks

Dear Walaa,

1. For comparing both methods you can perform individual simulations (either by averaging over many realizations, or fixing the user positions and random number generation) to have a fair comparison. The results are saved as a mat file in the results folder you specify at the beginning of simulation (launcher file).

2. The error you faced it seems to come from the fact that your result file name is very large; to avoid this try to set a different name for your results. You can change this by modifying the file in +utils/naming.m.

5. Our system-level simulator is FDD based and supports only downlink.

The necessary details about carrier aggregation implementation are given in documentation file. We don’t provide a flow chart, but the implementation is rather simplistic and it is based only on the user ID.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

walaa khalifa
    Participant

hello

** ” ‘cyclic’ – Since users have ID-s to be identified, user with ID =1 will be assigned to the first carrier component, user with ID = 2 will be
    assigned to the second carrier component and this continues in a cyclic fashion. This assignment is done for users served by one eNodeB. For more details you can check the file +CC_selectors:cyclic_CC_selector.m.”
    as you mentioned above
    is that means cyclic selector assign only one component carrier to the user??? but carrier aggregation means more than one component carrier

** where can i fined those variables(throughput, SINR , spectral efficiency , fairness) in the program and their calculations or equations that used to calculate their values???

thanks

walaa khalifa
    Participant

** how can i do performance evaluation of carrier aggregation in LTE-A through LTE-A downlink system level simulator???

walaa khalifa
    Participant

“The error you faced it seems to come from the fact that your result file name is very large; to avoid this try to set a different name for your results. You can change this by modifying the file in +utils/naming.m.”
    you mentioned above reason for error but the results filename .auto assign a filename automatically
    how can i set different name
    thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.