Component carriers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying the different scenarios in simulator that is compatible with carrier aggragation, but i am confused in some issues.

1) Can we arrange component carriers like intra-band contiguous, intra-band noncontiguous or inter-band noncontigious? For example; when I arrange these values like in below, is this contiguous or non-contiguous intra-band?

CC(1).frequency = 0.8e9;
    CC(1).bandwidth = 10e6;
    CC(2).frequency = 0.8e9;
    CC(2).bandwidth = 20e6;

2) Can each user have different speeds? How can I adjust the parameters?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Best regards
    Önem

Dear Önem,

The current implementation of carrier aggregation allows for different carrier frequencies and different bandwidths.
    The user parameters including the UE speed are the same for all simulated UEs in the network.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Dear Fjolla,

Thank you for your reply. Another question: Is primary_CC always CC(1) or adjustable? In addition, I read the documentation in carrier aggregation folder and I saw this explanation:

UEs(u).primary_CC: Sets the index of the primary CC of the UE u.

So each UE can connect with certain CC but how can i activate this? Which folder and how should I write?

Thank you for your reply in advance.
    Best ragards,
    Önem

Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Could anyone help me about mentioned questions on above?

Thank you in advance
    Önem

Dear Önem,

The CC assignment is done in the file LTE_init_generate_users_and_add_schedulers.m line 267-287. If you want to change the primary carrier specifically, then you can overwrite the user property UEs.primary_CC. You can observe how the UE is assigned to a specific carrier based on the above mentioned function.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.