Compute users throughput

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    saad
    Participant

I’m working on evaluating users throughput in different network situation. For couple days i was able to build my own network. However, still couldn’t figure out how the throughput is calculated and how can i access each users throughput value.

any suggestions ?

Thank you so much.

• This topic was modified 5 days, 17 hours ago by saad.
    Mariam Mussbah
    Keymaster

Dear Saad,

The throughtput is calculated in the function postProcessResults in the SimulationResults class and for the downlink it is stored in the object downlinkResults (uplinkResults for the uplink). You can access the sum throughtput via downlinkResults.sumThroughput and the per user throughput via downlinkResults.userResults{x}.throughput, where x denotes the index of the uer of intereset.

Best,
    Mariam

saad
    Participant

Dear Mariam,

Thank you for the fast reply. i have considered your recommendation. However, even when o change the transmit power of users, the throughput always remains constant. I still couldn’t figure out why it doesn’t change according to the transmit power.

best regards,
    saad

Mariam Mussbah
    Keymaster

Dear Saad,

The throughput is zero whne the tx power is smaller than a certain threshold t_0 and staturates when it is larger than the threshold t_1 (the thresholds depend on the parameter you set). In order to see a power dependent behavior, you have to set the tx power p as follows: t_0<p<t_1.

Best,
    Mariam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.