Designing of hetrogeneous networks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Respected Sir,

I’ve started working on D2D communication for heterogeneous networks and i’ve started using Vienna LTE-A downlink system level simulator. But i’m unable to find the physical layer components in the simulator and how to use it. can you help me out for this?

Dear Deepinder,

What parameters are you refering to for the system level simulator. Can you please be more specific, such that I cen help you?

Best,
    Fjolla

Respected Fjolla Ademaj,

I’m pursuing my research work on control of interference in heterogeneous networks via Resource, Mode selection, and power control techniques.

Regards.

Dear Deeplinder,

The Vienna LTE-A downlink system level simulator applies a homogeneous power allocation to the base stations of the same tier (macros or femtos). The transmission mode (if you are reffering to this my mode selection) is static during the simulation. In terms of scheduling, there are different schedulers implemented in +schedulers and you can add new ones or modify the current ones based on your needs.
    If you want to know more details about the simulator structure, I suggest to read the simulator documentation.
    Best regards,
    Fjolla

Respected Fjolla Ademaj,
    Greetings of the day!!
    As I’m working to design the heterogeneous network with the help of LTE-A downlink system level simulator and you had defined that it can be used for the homogeneous power in a single tier in the previous conversation. so my question is: Can we design this network for the two-tier and it would be possible to control interference? kindly reply ASAP.

Best Regards,

Deepinder Singh Wadhwa

Dear Deepinder,

With the current implementation, it is possible to use our simulator for a two-tier scenario. Actually this is already implemented so you have to apply minor changes depending on your design to for example a macro-femto scenario. As the power allocation is homogeneous, any algorithm applied to control interference would need some coding to make it more flexible, but it is possible. Also, as described in the documentation, fractional frequency reuse is implemented as a method to control interference.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Respected Fjolla Ademaj,
    Greetings of the day!!
    I’m trying to develop a code but when i want to save the .m file system tells that you are not authorized to save in the current folder which means in the LTE-A folder. can you give me some solution for this?

Best Regards,
    Deepinder Singh Wadhwa

Dear Deepinder,

The location folder you want to save your results can be specified by using the command LTE_config.results_folder = ‘/results/folder_x’. This will save your results in the directory where you have the simulator.

For you, it seems to be a system problem, that you do not have write permission in the directory where you are running the simulator.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Respected Fjolla Ademaj,
    Greetings of the day!!

I tried to start the work in the simulator simulation_config folder and under this folder, I used the script of hex_grid_tilted_with_femtocells. I changed the value of the one parameter and tried to save it but the response is that Access is denied. can you give me the solution for this.

Dear Deepinder,

Yes this is what meant, you don’t have write permission in the directory you have the simulator and as I said this issue has nothing to do with our simulator. I can only suggest to check with the system administrator of the machine you are working on, or try another directory that allows you write permission.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.