Generic Scenerio Velocity

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kkoko123
    Participant

Hi
    can someone explain me why my result for Vehicular A at 120kmh have better BER than at 30kmh. I’m running the LL with generic scenario and jakes effect

Bashar Tahir
    Participant

Hi,

Under the assumption that you are running the users with the same settings (CQI, number of antennas, etc), then the gain you see here is probably due to the time diversity harvested by channel coding. Since the codeword occupies the entire subframe, then the highly time-selective channel will affect the different parts of the codeword with different fading amplitudes. In terms of channel decoding, it means that the increased time-selectivity (due to the higher velocity) will decrease the chances that the entire codeword is in deep-fade, and therefore the surviving parts of the codeword can be used to correct the errors in the other deep-fade parts, loosely speaking.

So apparently here, the intercarrier interference due to the Doppler spread from the high velocity is not so serve here. Also, if you enable realistic channel estimation, i.e., “PilotAided”, then probably the gain will decrease.

Best regards,
    Bashar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.