Handover parameters optimization by MRO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mohamed Raafat Omri
    Participant

Hello,

I need your help in my engineering internship project which is Handover Parameters Self-optimization in 4G Networks By Mobility Robustness Optimization (intra-HO so focusing only in the A3 event). I got the LTE system level simulator (1.8 version) and I’m asking you which functions or classes I have to modify or add my code to establish that optimization and simulation. I have to optimise two parameters or KPIs. First I choose TTT and Hyst. than I change for the ping-pong rate and the too-late rate. Are they good to optimize and how to accomplish the simulation please?

Best regards.

Mohamed Raafat Omri
    Participant

Hello,

I found in the Lte_sim_main.m the function above:
    function move_all_UEs(LTE_config,UEs,networkPathlossMap,eNodeBs) where the handover is treated, do I have to modify this function or use it to implement my HO optimization simulation by MRO?
    I will appreciate a lot your help.

Best regards.

Dear Mohamed,

you can use this function to implement your HO scheme. Currently, no specific HO technique is implemented in the simulator.

Best,
    Martin.

Mohamed Raafat Omri
    Participant

Dear Dr. Martin,

Thanks a lot, I’ll keep on implementing my HO scheme over that function and I’m sure that I’ll need your help to guide me once I go further 🙂

Best regards.

LUCIEN WENGIE YEMAH
    Participant

hello all, am trying to implement a handover scheme for load balancing in LTE network. i want to implement the following parameters:

handover execution time======== 250ms
    maximum handoff================ 9dB
    handover time to trigger(TTT)=== 320ms

Please which function does that in the simulator and how are the following parameters above defined in the simulator.

thanks in anticipation… and looking forward to reading your replies……

Dear Lucien,

Currnently in our simulator there is no handover scheme implemented. We provide a simple handover that moves the user- and assigns to another eNodeB based on maximum SINR, on a TTI basis.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.