How can I specify the modulation ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    OMAR
    Participant

Hi everybody

I’m using the last version of LTE system level …how can specify the type of modulation or the order also how can I set up for example 64QAM or 16QAM ?? please even the members if you know that tell me please

Dear Omar,

The modulation order is chosed by the Channel Quality Indicator (CQI). The system-level simulator uses a SNR to CQI mapping. The values of CQI are generated from the feedback loop. If you want a specific modulation then you have to fix the CQI to the corresponding value.

Regards,
    Fjolla

OMAR
    Participant

thank you for your reply …
    i have another query if you could to help me…. i have used the carrier frequency (5GHz) but the throughput didn’t increase…my question why the throughput didn’t increase with increasing of carrier frequency?

Dear Omar,

If you keep the same bandwidth then you will not see much differences, but please be careful which pathloss model are you ussing with the carrier frequency of 5GHz. There are different path-loss models for different frequency ranges.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

OMAR
    Participant

thanks again for your reply..

so I have used TS 36.942 for only macrocells deployment, while for femtocells overlaid with macrocell deployment i have used dual slop path loss model. but I didn’t note increasing in throughput

LteASimUser
    Participant

Keep the number of users constant and you will see throughput increase 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.