How to define Users_per_BS

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo Garro
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to run some simulations with 5G SLS. My goal is to show how the average throughput per UE is lower as long as more UEs are attached to the same cell/BS/site. To do so, I’m trying to manually modify the number of UEs attached to each base station on different simulations, but I cannot find how to do it. This is something that was quite straigthforward with the e.g. tri-sector scenario of LTE-A SLS (with the parameter LTE_config.UE_per_eNodeB), but I did not find a similar option for the e.g. the HexRing scenario of 5G SLS (I found the poissonUsersSISO.nElements is configurable, but this refers to the total number of UEs in the scenario and not to a single BS).

Could you guide me with it?

Kind regards, Eduardo

Charmae Mendoza
    Keymaster

Hi Eduardo,

Unfortunately, there’s no straightforward way to fix the number of users per base station in the current version of the 5G system level simulator. The cell association strategies available in the simulator are those based on maxSINR and maxReceivePower. In either case, it depends on the large-scale fading parameters. As such, you may try to play with those parameters (e.g., user positioning).

Regards,
    Charmae

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.