Increase the number of antennas for Vienna LTE-A Uplink Link Level Simulator

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Seerwan
    Participant

Dears,
    I want to increase the number of antennas at the base station up to 8 in Vienna LTE-A Uplink Link Level Simulator. Any idea is beneficial for me.

Regards

Seerwan

Hi,

the number of receive antennas at the base station is adjusted via the parameter LTE_params.BS_config.nRX.

Please specify your question further, beneficial in what sense?

greetings
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,

I am grateful for your reply. I have tried to increase LTE_params.BS_config.nRX, but I have found that the max no. of antennas is 4, after 4 the simulator does not work, is it possible to increase LTE_params.BS_config.nRX to be 8 antennas? and what is the modification in the code will be if it is possible ?

Regards

Seerwan

Hi,

which transmission mode do you want to use, single transmit antenna (mode 1) or closed loop spatial multiplexing (mode 4) ?

greetings
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,

In fact, I want to use 8 antennas at the base station with any mode, for instance, 8 antennas with mode 1 or mode 4 or mode 9.

Thanks

Seerwan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,

In fact, I want to use 8 antennas at the base station with any mode, for instance, 8 antennas with mode 1 or mode 4 or mode 9. is that possible just with changing the settings of parameters or it requires some code modification.Please, I am looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards

Seerwan

Hi,

please be aware that there is no transmission mode 9 available in the LTE-A uplink LL simulator. There are mode 1, single transmit antenna, and mode 4, closed loop spatial multiplexing, currently available. In either of these modes, modifications in the code are necessary to enable for Nrx=8. I will have a look into that.

greetings
    Stefan

Hi,

I had a look at modes 1 and 4.

For mode 4 a number of 8 transmit antennas is actually working without and modification. For mode 1 there is a very small modification necessary:
    In LTE_UL_RX.m change line 144 from

switch BS.nAtPort

to

switch ChanMod.nTX

greetings
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,

Many thanks for your help and support. It works now.

Stefan, I wonder if it is possible to add RRH to the Uplink simulator?

Best regards,

Seerwan

Hi,

the investigation of RRH deployment aspects is more of an system level simulation task and therefore unfortunately not easy to include in our link level uplink simulator.

greetings
    Stefan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.