I would like to verify this DL SL simulator (v1.9 Q2-2016) in the case of single-cell and single-user (Throughput vs. SNR) as shown in the simulator documentation (Page 23: Fig 6 – 7) and the dissertation of J. Ikuno in 2013 (Page 43 – 46: Section 3.2.1). However, all scripts in the reproducibility/SLvsLL folder cannot be run completely with MATLAB R2016a. This is because the function matlabpool has been removed by this MATLAB version.
My additional questions in this verification could be summarised as follows:
1) Which MATLAB script should be used for this verification?
2) How to fix these error of parallel computing functions (matlabpool, parpool, parfor)?
3) How to calculate the post-fft SNR versus the distance from the eNB?
4) How to calculate the throughput versus the SNR?
5) Does the Vienna book provide the relevant clarification?
Some of the scripts in the reproducibility folder are old and written with older versions of our simulator. What you want to compare needs simulations from both link-level and system-level using the same parameter sets, i.e. channel model, antenna configuration, large-scale path loss model etc.
There is no script that does such comparision on the current release and you have to modify some scripts on the simulator to be able tu run it. The idea of such comparison is to move the user along a straight line away from the base station to get the same SNR values simulated on link level.
Regarding matlabpool you can replace it with the parpool similiar as we do on the current release, e.g. you can have a look at the
+phy_modeling/channelTraceFactory_v1.m line 540-557.