Load balancing based on cell reselection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kai
    Participant

Dear all,

I use “cell range extension (CRE) using a Uniform offset” for Load balancing between macro-cell and femto. Virtual CRE is a technique that can be used to compensate for the difference in transmit power between femto and macro so that the coverage area of femtos can be improve. In CRE, an offset or bias is added to the femto RSRP (Reference Signal Received Power) during cell selection. Cell selection is a process that allows a UE to select a suitable cell to camp on in order to access available service. With CRE, UEs do not connect to a cell with highest RSRP but with the cell with highest (RSRP + Offset). That my idea but i don’t know what to change components of the Vienna LTE-A Downlink System Level Simulator to fit my idea. I need your help.

Thank you very much.
    Kai.

Kai
    Participant

Dear all,

How are the allocations of femto and UEs fixed (they do not change their locations when i simulate difference times).

Thank you so much.
    Kai.

Dear Kai,

We do not supports cell range extension for the moment. Our simulator does not deliver the RSRP values, only reports the SINR values, which is calculated in +network_elements/UE.m

Regarding the UE positions, LTE_config.keep_UEs_still= true; will move the UE during the simulation time, probably in your case this feature is set to false. The femto positions remain unchanged during the simulation.

Best regards,
    FJolla

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.