Tagged: Handover procedure
2. August 2018 at 7:29 #11018
Hello to everyone,
Since few days, i am trying just to simulate a simple LTE network that could give me an insight about this simulator but there are a lot classes and I am lost with that. I would like to have a starting lift on that .
1. just simulate a small LTE network with 3 eNB and 3 cells/eNB with random walk mobility and then see how the network works
2. After getting the first network simulated with the non optimize network , i would like to simulate the handover procedure to see can I get the number of handovers and the handover performance indicators.
3. FRom these steps , i could simulate my thesis topic with my proposed algorithms.
I need really some lifts from you guys, It is difficult to find a starting code that you can rely on to understand the simulator.
Thank you in advance!!!3. August 2018 at 8:03 #11019
May someone can help me about this error…..
Error in LTE_sim_main (line 15)
LTE_config = LTE_load_params_dependant(LTE_config);
Error in LTE_sim_main_launcher_examples (line 41)
output_results_file = LTE_sim_main(LTE_config);
What should be the issue of above message error?
Thank you !!!5. August 2018 at 10:41 #11036
please can some help me to solve this problem.
It is my third time to post a message without any help.
I don’t know why?
so please for this one
I met this error always i ran the LTE_sim_result file.
Undefined variable “simulation_traces” or function “simulation_traces.eNodeB_rx_feedback_traces.ACK”.
Error in LTE_sim_results (line 57)
num_streams = size(simulation_traces.eNodeB_rx_feedback_traces.ACK,1);5. August 2018 at 23:02 #11037
Can someone give the line in LTE_sim_main for move_all_UEs… i want to use this for my handover implementation?
thank you in advance6. August 2018 at 13:14 #11056Fjolla AdemajMember
Please do not flood the forum with so many questions at once. When using this forum, please stick to the following etiquette . Before posting a question, you can search in the forum topics, probably someone asked the same question already you will find the answer there. The forum is quite active so you can learn a lot by just searching on specific topics already posted. Once you really get stuck we are happy to help you with your questions. In that case, please formulate a complete question with a bit more information, especially when you get an error, we need to know which launcher file you were using, what actually you intended to simulate, otherwise it is hard to find where does the error come from.
If you are new to the simulator I suggest that you first start reading the documentation of the simulator, provided in +documentation. Also, we provide examples of how to run a simulation, several examples denoting specific features are given in +sim_main_launcher_files. From there you can follow the code and understand better the simulator structure. The main file from where various functions are called is the file LTE_sim_main.
Regarding your errors, please specify what you were simulating !?
For handover, you find a detailed answer in the following topic: https://www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/research/mobile-communications/forums/topic/handover-2/ .
9. August 2018 at 22:22 #11060
- This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Fjolla Ademaj.
Dear Fjolla Ademaj ,
Sorry for flooding the forum. i was just a bit lost with this simulator.
To reply this question, this is the flowchart of my thesis:
1. Simulating an LTE network (7enodeBs, 3 sectors/eNodeB, bw=5MHz, frequency=2 GHz, simulation time of TTI=1000, UE distribution and so forth).
2. After simulation, we will obtain the CQI curves, BLER, Pathloss, and so on and from there, we will obtain the most important parameter for handover procedure ( RSRP) which is the measurement reports from the UE to the serving eNodeB to decide if the handover can be done or not.
3. Then we need to implement the handover procedure in the simulator to calculate the number of handovers with the inputs parameters like :
-Tunable parameters (Hysteresis and Time-To-Trigger) from 3GPP standard
4. After obtaining the HO statistics which will contain the number of success HO, number of HOF, number of Ping-pong HO, number of dropped call, number of success call, number of non-ping pong and then i will use these output parameters to calculate the HIP of the HO Failures, PING-PONG HO and Radio link Failure.
5. To evaluate the network performance, i will need to sum of the HPI in Handover performance (HP) by using the weight factors which are chosen by the operator policy (The most important parameter the operator takes more into account for his network performance) .
6. From there, I will apply my HO parameter optimization algorithm that will give me the best combination point of HYST and TTT with the best network performance.
I am thinking to use convex optimization :
-my objective function will the HP which is the sum of the 3 HPI by minimizing the HP.
I hope it is now clear better than the previous explanation.
you said “If you want to define a different handover procedure, changes have to be done in the function move_all_UEs() of the LTE_sim_main.m file.”
I am using Vienna_LTEA_SLS_v2.0_Q3_2018 with my license agreement
1. My first question is what kind of change do we have to do in the function move_all_UEs() of the LTE_sim_main.m file?
2. secondly, after applying my HO procedure, which files contain the HO statistics (the number of success HO, number of HOF, number of Ping-pong HO, number of dropped call, number of success call, number of non-ping pong)
3. How can I calculate the HPI of the 3 and the HP of all using weighting factors by applying the TTT and HYST ?
4. why are the files .mat corrupted after the simulation?
I am expecting first to reproduce this scenario before to apply my proposed algorithm to see how is the gain on this scenario?
Sorry for my long message, I am looking forward to seeing your message!!!
Thank you !!!
Best regards!!!13. August 2018 at 11:36 #11070Fjolla AdemajMember
thanks for understanding! Regarding your implementation task, in our simulator we provide a very simple handover procedure that is just related to data transmissions. We do not consider any signaling here. Also, no RSRP is implemented, only macroscopic SINR. So for your thesis, you might have to do quite some implementation to make this work.
For your questions:
1. You will have to implement your handover procedure in this function, basically replace the current simple implementation with your HO technique.
2. You can create and save different statistical parameters for your HO by saving them as UE objects (e.g., UEs(u_).number_of_HOF), and then post-process these parameters similar to what is done in LTE_sim_main.m in simulation_traces.calculate_UE_aggregates.
3. Regarding our optimization problem, I can’t answer how you should calculate such parameters, it will depend on your implementation. Once you get used with the simulator, I am sure you will see a clearer way how to do it.
4. As for .mat files, very often it happened that the path of the .mat file (simulator path + .mat file name) was too long. Try to avoid such long path name, and the problem should not appear.
Best regards and good luck with your implementation.
Fjolla20. August 2018 at 12:27 #11101
For coverage issue, is it possible to do a comparative study between normal UEs (SISO) and UE with our considering diversity antenna (SIMO) using Vienna simulator?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.