Measuring Packet Delay

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Dear all,

I am working on traffic models and I am using round robin traffic and prop fair traffic schedulers in the simulator. I don’t know how I can measure the packet delay and PLR. Is it possible or not? Could you please help me?

Thanks for your answers in advance.
    Best Regards,
    Önem

Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Could you please help me about question above?

Thank you

Hi Önem,

each traffic model object (that is appended to its respective UE object) contains a delay buffer. There, the delay of all pakets is being stored. If the transmission was unsuccesful, the delay is set to infinity. By finding all pakets with delay infinity, you can directly calculate the PLR.

Best regards,
    Martin

a remark to this: if you chose “LTE_config.compact_results_file = true;” you have to add the traffic model object to the UE traces at the end of LTE_sim_main.m

Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Dear Martin,

Thank you so much for your answer. According to your explanation, I checked the delay buffer part and I saw that all delay buffers are empty. How can I see any value on this part?

Best regards,
    Önem

Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Dear all,

Do you have any idea about empty delay buffers?

Thank you in advance

Hi Önem,

how many TTIs did you simulate? If your simulation time is too short, no packets will be transmitted completely (succesfully or unsuccesfully) and there will be no entries made in the delay buffer.

Best regards,
    Martin

Önem Yıldız
    Participant

Dear Martin,

Simulation time is 500 TTI, I think it is quite quite long but i really don’t know what is wrong in my simulations. Delay parameter is very important for my studies.

Thank you for your help

Hi Önem,

first: do you use the mix of traffic_models, that is predefined in LTE_trafficmodel.m? The delay is actually only evaluated for the delay-sensitive traffic-models voip, gaming and video (see UE.m, process_packet_parts).

If yes: Please check if in +traffic_models/generic_tm.m the function remove_packet is ever called. Here, the delay is written in the delay buffer. If it is always empty, it might be that for some reason you actually never finish the transmission of any packets.

Best regards,
    Martin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.