MU scheduling algorithms

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Oscar
    Participant

Dear moderators,

Would you be so kind to provide me with a link to the documentation with which you developed the MU-MIMO schedulers? I’m in need of going through the Round Robin Scheduler for MU-MIMO algorithm, but have been unable to find the documentation so far.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best regards,
    Oscar

Dear Oscar,

There is no documentation for MU-MIMO scheduler. In our implementation in the Round Robin Scheduler for MU-MIMO algorithm it just selects users in a round-robin fashion without taking any channel state information into account.

Other schedulers which are SU-MIMO schedulers, are partly documented in “Low-complexity approximate maximum throughput scheduling for LTE”.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Dear community,

I’m starting to use the Vienna LTE-A Downlink Link Level Simulator.

I’m simulating the MU-MIMO case. So I’m using the launcher file LTE_sim_main_launcher_demo_mu_mimo.m. In this case, I want to analyze the performance of some scheduling algorithms and implement new algorithms. With this, I have two questions:

1) How do I determine some Quality of Service (QoS) parameters such as average delay, throughput, processing time, loss rate and fairness of the Round Robin MU scheduler?

2) Can I include my scheduler algorithm in which part of the simulator code?

Could you recommend some publication?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best regards
    Wallison

Mariam ElHussien
    Participant

Dear community,

I am working on LTE-A multicast scheduling techniques. My main parameter is the delay and priority of the message. Could you please tell me, Does Vienna simulator will be suitable in my research or not , and if it is suitbale what will be its version. I would be very grateful if you helped me.

Best Regards,
    Mariam

Dear Wallison and Mariam,

the main issue for you is not the scheduler itself, but that usually the UEs in the simulator are modelled as full-buffer users. That means, you cannot determine the delay from that and also can’t prioritize messages.

To do so, you have to turn on traffic models, as you can find in LTE_sim_main_launcher_demo_trafficmodels.m. You will also then have to adapt the MU-MIMO scheduler such that it can deal with UEs that are not full-buffer (see e.g., +scheduler/PropFair_Traffic.m).

If you have further questions, please let me know!

Best,
    Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.