New Release of the Vienna LTE-A Downlink System Level Simulator v1.9 Q2-2016

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dear community,

we are happy to announce the release of the

Vienna LTE-A Downlink System Level Simulator v1.9 Q2-2016

To get access to the download link, please follow the steps described below:
    1) Print the license agreement on letterhead of the university department or research institute,
    2) Have it signed by the department head, including date and stamp of the department,
    3) Then scan it and, including the above, email it to: Prof. Markus Rupp (mrupp@nt.tuwien.ac.at).

The simulator remains free for academic non-commercial use. Companies (no matter whether profit-oriented or not) are not allowed for free usage. For a commercial use license, please contact Univ.Prof. Markus Rupp (mrupp@nt.tuwien.ac.at).

The new features and improvements are listed in the change log below. You can also check the list of features and the documentation of the new version on the webpage of the corresponding simulator.

You are welcome to post your questions/comments/feedback on the forum (www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/forum). Our team will try to support you as soon as possible. Please also read the license agreement [for system level][for link level] carefully to check whether you would need our permission to use the simulator.

We are also happy to announce the release of our new book
    The Vienna LTE-Advanced Simulators: Up and Downlink, Link and System Level Simulation

Best regards,
    The Vienna LTE-A Simulator Team.

Change Log Vienna LTE-A Downlink System Level Simulator v1.9 Q1-2016, 2016-03-30
    – New channel model available: 3GPP 3D channel model as referred from TR 36.873 for both desired- and interfering links.
    – Support for 2-dimensional antenna arrays.
    – Various antenna polarization settings available.
    – Calculation of pathloss maps takes into account elevation.
    – New maps available for defining the scenario: indoor/outdoor map, LOS/NLOS map, UE height map, UE indoor distance map, large scale parameter correlation map.
    – Support of transmission mode 7 (beamforming) based on signal-to-leakage-and-noise ratio maximization (SLNRMAX) algorithm.
    – Support of carrier aggregation.
    – Improvements in the runtime precoding mode.
    – Various bug-fixes as reported by our online-community (www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/forum)

Citing the simulator
    @Book{VLS-2016,
    Title = {The Vienna LTE-Advanced Simulators: Up and Downlink, Link and System Level Simulation},
    Author = {Markus Rupp and Stefan Schwarz and Martin Taranetz},
    Publisher = {Springer Singapore},
    Year = {2016},
    Edition = {1},
    Series = {Signals and Communication Technology},
    isbn = {978-981-10-0616-6},
    Doi = {10.1007/978-981-10-0617-3}
    }

Huiyue Yi
    Participant

Dear Dr. Martin Taranetz:

I am sorry for troubling you. When running the latest version “LTE-A-DL-System-Level-Simulator-Rel-v1-9-Q2-2016.zip” of the simulator, we found that there are problems in the function “\+network_generation\generated_network.m” and can not run the following three functions:

(1) networkMacroscopicPathlossMap.UE_indoor_map = macroscopic_pathloss_models.generalPathlossModel.calculate_UE_indoor_map (LTE_config,networkMacroscopicPathlossMap);

(2) networkMacroscopicPathlossMap.UE_height_map = macroscopic_pathloss_models.generalPathlossModel.calculate_UE_height_map(LTE_config,networkMacroscopicPathlossMap);

(3) networkMacroscopicPathlossMap.UE_indoor_dist_map = macroscopic_pathloss_models.generalPathlossModel.calculate_UE_indoor_distance(networkMacroscopicPathlossMap);

Would you please tell us how to solve the above problems? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
    Huiyue Yi

Naser
    Participant

hi,

i only found error when running the demo.basic (v. 1.9), the other demos are fine.

Dear Martin, could you please help with the demo basic

Thanks for the update Martin.

I had received an earlier release, do I need to repeat the same process to have access to the new release?.

Thanks,

Morris

fatima
    Participant

Does it support matlab version 2011 and 2016 ?

LUCIEN WENGIE YEMAH
    Participant

Dr. Martin Taranetz:
    i tried contacting Univ.Prof. Markus Rupp but i got an automated reply that he’s out of office till August 14.
    please any help?

Dear Lucien,

If you are interested for a non-comercial academic use license, please contact sim-download@nt.tuwien.ac.at. Othervise, prof. Markus Rupp will reply to you after 14th of August.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Reben Kurda
    Participant

Dear Dr.Martin Taranetz,

i already sent the paper which i tired by three different emails, no one answered, please help

thanks

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Reben Kurda.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.