Pathloss Model

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Farhan
    Participant

Hi,

I want to ask, which is the most appropriate +macroscopicPathlossModel available in the Simulator for Industrial Environments like Smart Factories?

Regards,
    Farhan

Charmae Mendoza
    Keymaster

Hi Farhan,

The following might be a useful reference for you.
    Wang, Wenbo & Capitaneanu, Stefan & Marinca, Dana & Lohan, Elena Simona. (2019). Comparative Analysis of Channel Models for Industrial IoT Wireless Communication. IEEE Access. PP. 1-1. 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2927217.

Regards,
    Charmae

Farhan
    Participant

Hi,

I am interested in implementing Indoor Factory (InF) pathloss model whose equation is InF-DH: PL=33.63+21.9 log_10⁡(d_3D )+20 log_10⁡(f_c )
    〖PL〗_NLOS=max⁡(PL,〖PL〗_LOS) σ_SF=4.0

I can do it by modifying UMa equation. Can you point out where else I need to make the changes?

Regards,
    Farhan

Farhan
    Participant

Will the latest version of simulator have these Channel Models for Industrial IoT Wireless Communication?

Charmae Mendoza
    Keymaster

Hi Farhan,

We don’t have any new channel model planned for the next release.

Regards,
    Charmae

Charmae Mendoza
    Keymaster

Hi Farhan,

Yes, you can just use the UMa model in the simulator, and change the equation there.

Regards,
    Charmae

Farhan
    Participant

Hi Charmae,

Thanks for your reply, can you point out where else I need to make the changes?

Charmae Mendoza
    Keymaster

Hi Farhan,

As previously mentioned, you can just use the UMa model in the simulator and change the equation there. Then, specify the path loss model in the scenario file you are using (in +scenarios).

Regards,
    Charmae

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.