Perfect channel estimation 'PERFECT'

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,
    I highly appreciate your help. Stefan please, could your explain for me what is the meaning of perfect channel estimation or channel knowledge and why still there is a Transient period at the beginning of the throughput curve before reaching the final value or maximum throughput (I mean why the throughput increase in a gradual manner (sometimes it is close to the MMSE) ?

Best regards

Seerwan

Hi,

please specify further. Which curve are you talking about? It is gradually increasing gradually with what value?

greetings
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,

Sorry, I mean for instance in Fig.4 a (throughput vs. SNR) in the documentation. the curve of throughput for perfect estimation takes long time to reach the maximum value of throughput.

Is perfect estimation still has large calculations (channel estimation) which make this transient time at the beginning?.
    Or it might be due to low SNR ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Seerwan

Hi,

actually channel estimation method ‘perfect’ means that no channel estimation is performed, but the channel is assumed to be perfectly known to the receiver. Of course, the throughput is lower at lower SNR, however, please note that this plot you are referring to does not show any time transient but just gives the SNR dependency of the throughput.

greetings
    Stefan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.