power allocation to UES

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fatima
    Participant

can anyone tell me that how power is allocated to ues in this downlink system level simulator is it done by looking at the channel conditions using CQI ( the nearest UE will get less power vice versa)
    and where these power allocation is done ?
    is it in the +network element.enodeB

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by fatima.
    Nguyen Le Hung
    Participant

Dear,

1. The UE positions will be randomly generated in “LTE_init_generated_users_and_schedulers.m”

2. From the UE position, UE will be assigned to “attached_site”

3. UE then will be attached to an eNodeB based on distance (or SINR ?)
    in “LTE_init_generated_users_and_schedulers.m” & “eNodeB_sector.m”

4. Next, UE will be put in the scheduler’s queue of that eNodeB, and the Resource Block of this eNodeB will be assigned to this UE.
    The number of Resource Block will be assigned to UE depends on the Resource Allocation scheme (Round Robin, Proportional Fair…)
    in “UE.m”

5. Based on the number of Resource Blocks are assigned to that UE, eNodeB will decide the power allocation for that UE.
    For example, the total power of eNodeB is 40W which will be divided for 100 Rbs → each Resource Block is transmitted with power = 0.4W
    If the UE is assigned with 5 RB → the Tx power for that UE is 2W
    in “UE.m”

Brgs

fatima
    Participant

thank you for the reply

5. can you further explain me how eNodeB will decide that how much power to be assigned to UE? (power allocation strategies i.e Channel State Information )
    I know that it must be looking at the channel conditions but do you have any idea on which algorithm this simulator using and which m-files are included in it ?

fatima
    Participant

thank you for the reply

5. can you further explain me how these eNodeBs get to decide how much power to allocated to UEs? is this simulator using any algorithm for this (power allocation strategy)

I know that eNodeBs must be looking at the channel conditions first before assigning powers to UEs.
    which folders/m-files are included in it .

Dear Fatima,

in the current implementation, the power is uniformly distributed over the RB blocks.
    You can implement power allocation algorithms in the +schedulers objects, which act on the +network_elements.resourceBlockGrid.

Best regards,
    Martin.

Nguyen Le Hung
    Participant

Dear Dr. Taranetz,

I have a question regarding the “Power Uniformly distributed over the RB blocks”
    ” Is it possible to control the transmitting power of each Resource Block from eNodeB (from Network side) ? Which means that “can we transmit the different Resource Blocks with different transmitting power ? For example, for RB1 -> RB20, the transmitting power is set to 0.4 W/RB ; whilst for RB20 – RB40, the Tx Power is set to 0.2W/RB”

I want to know the answer for the real network (in real 3GPP LTE standards not only in the simulator). Any documents or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
    LeHung

fatima
    Participant

thank you Dr.martin
    I don’t want power to be uniformly distributed over the RB blocks.
    i want to assign different powers from enodeB to Ues (for good channel condition – less power to ue and for bad channel condition – more power to ue)

can you also tell me that if I want ” enodeB to assign different power to ues”
    for implementing this i have to write

1. algorithm in +schedulers (ltescheduler.m-superclass) i will be using propfairsun scheduler it will inherit the properties from superclass? or

2. algorithm in propfairsunscheduler.m

Dear Nguyen Le Hung,

From the simulator point of view, yes it si possible to assign different powers to different RBs, you can change it on +netwrok_elements\resourceBlockGrid.m

Regards,
    Fjolla

Dear Fatima,

If you want to implement a new scheduler, you can define a new one on +schedulers.
    For the power allocation, you can change from uniformly distributed over the RBs to some other scheme in the +network_elements\resourceBlockGrid.m
    -> currently the function set_homogeneus_power_allocation() is used.

Regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.