Power Control

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FX6300
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to control the femto/macro transmit power due to the SINR information in the simulator?

Which files should be changed ?

Best Regards,

Hi,

yes, that’s possible. The SINR is calculated in the link_quality_model in +network_elements.UE
    The transmit powers are properties of +network_elements.eNodeB_sector (for both macros and femtos).

Best regards,
    Martin.

FX6300
    Participant

In the simulator document it is stated that for LTE_config.power_allocation only “homegeneous” is supported.

Does it mean that I can’t assign different tx power values for different base stations.

Is it possible for each small cell to assign different tx power levels to mitigate interference in heterogeneous networks.

Can I make some modifications in the code to assign different tx power levels for small cells.

Best Regards,

Hi,

– homogeneous means that the total power is homogeneously distributed over all RBs.
    – You can assign different powers to different eNBs/femtocells. You have to write your own routine for this, which you can insert, e.g., in LTE_init_network_generation.

Best,
    Martin.

FX6300
    Participant

I would like to thank you for the replies.

In the simulator the power values are assigned and then the SINR values are calculated before the scheduling process.

I think after the SINR values are calculated it is still possible to define new power levels to the eNB/femto cells.

Is that right?

Besides,
    is it possible to change the tx power levels during the scheduling process is performed, e.g. after a determined time?

Best Regards

Hi,

– yes, you can still alter the power levels after calculating the wideband-SINR, which mainly serves to determine the sector assignment.
    – yes, it is possible to change the power levels during the scheduling process. You will have to implement this by yourself though.

Best regards,
    Martin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.