QAM modulation Order and Cell stat's NaN Mb/s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dr Khan
    Participant

I am using this simulator, and running demo file’s. My question is that with varying SNR, does LTE change the QAM modulation order (e.g 32 QAM, 64 QAM) for OFDM based link? Is it implemented in this simulator if yes where can i see or give this parameter while running simulation?

When running the simulation, and selection some particular cell, the simulation statistic’s such as Avg UE throughput or Avg UE spectral Eff are NaN Mb/s and the corresponding UE’s are red in color. Why they are not showing the values and how can we ensure that we get result’s for all the UE’s which can distributed over the network topology?

Hi,

– yes it does change the QAM based on an SNR-to-CQI mapping, which is stored in a look-up table [obtained from link-level simulations] and loaded at the beginning of the simulation.
    – In order to safe simulation time, we have implemented the option simulate_only_center_users. this option might be set true in your setup. All users shown in red have not been simulated.

Best regards,
    Martin.

Dr Khan
    Participant

hello,

Where this option could be found “simulate_only_center_users” ?

It is typically set in the main_launcher file.

Best regards,
    Martin.

Dr Khan
    Participant

Hi,

I have set parameter “simulate_only_center_users” as false in LTE_sim_main_laucher_demo but still it is simulating center user’s only. Furthermore i have tried searching this in documentation (LTEsystemDoc) but was unable to find any such parameter. Can you please share exact parameter and it’s value for simulating all UE’s. Thanks.

Dr Khan
    Participant

Hi,

I got it, “LTE_config.compute_only_center_users = false;” Thanks for your support.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.