Question regarding Fast Fading on different Mobility Models

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Andy Feng
    Participant

Dear Researchers at TU Wein,

Thank you so much for this forum, and thank you in advance for your answers!

I have a question regarding the effects of fast fading on different mobility models.
    Basically, I simulated the results for three types of mobility channels, PedB (10 km/h), VehA (30 km/h), and VehB (120 km/h); and was expecting that, due to fast fading, the channel qualities and, hence, the throughput of UEs would be quite different under the three channels.
    However, that was not the case. In fact, the simulated average network throughput under the PedB model is only about 0.1 Mbps higher than that under the VehB model; as well as that in the CDF plots, the two curves are very close to each other.
    Hence, I’m wondering if those behaviors are correct (since FF are small-scale in nature), or maybe there are some issues with my LTE_config setup? Thank you.

I’ve been using v1.9, which does not include the LTE_sim_main_launcher_demo_trafficmodels.m example mentioned by Long in a previous thread. Hence, my setup was just following the basic launcher example, where I defined LTE_config.channel_model.type and LTE_config.UE_speed in m/s.
    Please let me know if those are the only two parameters I need to set in order to properly simulate different mobility models?

In addition, I tried to look into the implementation on FF calculation, but find that in the trace_CLSM method (I’m using TM9) in channelTraceFactory_v1.m, but could not find where the two parameters, channel_type and UE_speed, are being used.
    Hence, could you please point out where the two parameters are being used for calculating FF?

Again thank you very much! Looking forward to hearing from you.
    – Best, Andy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.