Questions regarding the vienna simulator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    louishao
    Participant

Dear sir
    I’m using 5G LL_Link Level_Simulator_v1.1. with matlab R2017a
    I have several doubts which I wish I could clarify with you as below:

1) How much is the frequency or which spectrum is used by the Vienna 5G simulator?
    2) How much would be the transmission power of the transmitter in the simulator’s scenario?
    3) What would be the possible problems which I only managed to get 3.5MB/s in terms of downlink speed and what should I look into to correct this problem?

Hi,

first of all, I advise you to use the new version 1.2 of the simulator, see https://www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/research/mobile-communications/forums/topic/vienna-5g-ll-simulator-new-release-1-2/

1) The transmission bandwidth is determined by the number of subcarriers scStr.modulation.numberOfSubcarriers and the subcarrier spacing scStr.modulation.subcarrierSpacing through the modulation and waveform parameters. The carrier frequency scStr.simulation.centerFrequency is also a parameter, but it only has an effect if you are considering non-zero user velocities. The center frequency is only employed for the calculation of the Doppler shift.

2) The transmission power of the base station is given by scStr.simulation.txPowerBaseStation and the transmit power of a user is defined by scStr.simulation.txPowerUser both in dBm

3) The saturation throughput is mainly determined by the employed bandwidth (number of subcarriers) and the employed modulation and coding scheme (MCS) (or CQI)

kind regards
    Stefan Pratschner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.