Relay Cell Range Extension

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Adel
    Participant

Dears
    One of the things been used in LTE-A is a Relay Nodes to enhance the coverage and capacity. my questions are
    1- how can I deploy the Relay nodes in the Vienna LTE-A downlink system level Simulator?
    2- what is the equation of the Decode and Forward for in-band Relay node?
    3- As far as I know for the CRE “cell range extension” you have to Add an Offset to RSRP for biasing in a cell selection and handover decision, so how it can be done?
    Thanks

Adel
    Participant

Dears
    can anyone answer my questions, please?

Naser
    Participant

Dear Adel,

1-Relay nodes can be deployed in this simulator as remote radio heads (RRH)

2-The RRH and base band eNB share the same resources.

3-Unfortunately, CRE is not yet supported by the simulator.

Regards,
    Naser

Adel
    Participant

Dear, Naser
    Thank you for your reply.
    you said Relay nodes can be deployed in this simulation as radio remote heads, can you show me how?

Hi Adel,

in fact, relay nodes are not implemented in the Vienna LTE-A downlink system level Simulator. Remote Radio Heads are a different concept, where several active transceivers are connected to a BS via fiber, not over the air-interface as it is the case for relays. Therefore also simultaneously transmission is assumed from all combined antennas of macro BS and all connected RRHs. You find an example for this in the launcher files in LTE_sim_main_launcher_demo_RRH.

Regarding your question about cell range extension: the sector assignment is done in LTE_common_calculate_cell_capacity. If you adapt this to not be based on the SINR, but on the received power and add a fixed value on, e.g., the received power from femto-cells, this should solve your problem.

Best regards,
    Martin

Adel
    Participant

Dear, Martin

Thank you for your Reply.
    you said ” If you adapt this to not be based on the SINR, but on the received power and add a fixed value on, e.g., the received power from femto-cells, this should solve your problem”. can you or anyone else show me how this can be done?

Thank you in advance

Hi Adel,

as I said: “the sector assignment is done in LTE_common_calculate_cell_capacity”. Check for sector_assignment = maxSINR_assignment and how it is calculated. If you swap maxSINR_assignment with another metric (such as max received power, sorting RX_powers_W), that should solve your problem.

Best regards,
    Martin

RM
    Participant

Dear all,
    In which line should be add a fix value by the said: “add a fixed value on, e.g., the received power from femto-cells“ ?

Thank u in advance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.