Reproducing the results in the paper

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Omar Sayan
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m new to LTE simulator and just starting to learn to use it.

I am using the LTE Link Level simulator version 1.3 and I’m trying to recreate the results that are provided in the documentation that comes with the simulator. I am running LTEA_sim_batch_quick_test_SUMIMO.m for the 8×1 case with 1000 subframes and SNR vector = [0:3:21].

But the result resembles the figure in the paper only remotely: in the paper, throughput is near 2.5 Mbit/s at SNR = 5. However in my results the throughput is 0 at SNR = 5. Also the saturation happens at nearly 3.5 Mbit/s, while in the paper it happens at 5 MBit/s. my result

Is this normal? I expected to be able to produce the exact result as in the provided paper, but that’s not the case.

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Omar Sayan.
    Omar Sayan
    Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic“>

Stefan Schwarz
    Participant

Dear Omar,

your results look as if you are simulating with a fixed CQI, since the delay is zero for a long time and finally saturates below the maximum. Probably you have deactivated the CQI feedback (LTE_params.UE_config.feedback = false or LTE_params.UE_config.CQI_fb = false in LTE_load_paramters)?

Best,
    Stefan.

Stefan Schwarz
    Participant

b

Stefan Schwarz
    Participant
    Omar Sayan
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, Dr. Schwartz!

Strangely, both parameters are set to true.
    Lte Parameters snapshot

I’d like to also note that when I load the file 8x1_results.mat in the examples/LTEA SUMIMO quick test results folder and plot the results, it gives the same plot as in the paper (which is good). But the fields in LTE parameters are missing in the .mat file that I newly generated in my simulation run. Not sure if this is important though.

– My simulation parameters fields

– parameter fields in the provided results in the ‘examples’ folder

Thanks!

Omar Sayan
    Participant

I am still obtaining this inaccurate result. Like I said in my previous post both parameters are set to true. Also, I am wondering how does the number of subframes affect the simulation? I tried to set the feedback and cqi to false, but that resulted in an error.

Error using LTE_feedback (line 110)
    Attempted to access CQI(1,1); index out of bounds because size(CQI)=[0,0].

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Stefan Schwarz
    Participant

Okay, so feedback seems to be activated.

Again, are we talking here about version 3 of the LTE-A simulator? Because I cannot reproduce your issue when I run it on my computer with this version. Did you change any parameter?

Best,
    Stefan.

Omar Sayan
    Participant

Yes, this is version 3.
    I haven’t changed any parameters, I can send to your email all of my workspace variables saved in a .mat file just to confirm all parameters are correct.
    Once again I’m simply trying to recreate the results in the provided paper and I’m following the steps in it (running LTEA_sim_batch_quick_test_SUMIMO.m).

Regards,
    Omar

Stefan Schwarz
    Participant

Yes that might be helpful. Please save the variable “LTE_params” after the call of “LTE_load_parameters_generate_elements” in “LTE_sim_main_process_SNR_vector.m” and send it to sschwarz@nt.tuwien.ac.at

Thanks,
    Stefan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.