Simulate two eNodeBs at the same time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,
    Greetings.
    I have noticed that the simulation works in a serial manner I mean e.g. if there are two eNodeBs the simulator goes to simulate eNodeB 1 firstly and then afterwards the simulator starts to work on eNodeB 2. Stefan, is there any way to call or to simulate both the enodeBs at one time not separately? and where should I make modification in code, any idea is beneficial.

Many thanks

Seerwan

Hi,

base station processing is simulated sequentially because of sequential programming. This however does not mean that they are receiving signals from different TTIs.

greetings
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,

Thanks for your feedback,
    I understand from your reply that the programming was made sequential. however, is it possible to make the processing in parallel?, and how? i.e., all eNodeBs are processed at the same time ? just like the parfor with parallel pool.

Thanks

Seerwan

Hi,

such a modification is theoretically possible, but not straight forward. Also I do not understand your intention behind this, since the results would be exactly the same as for sequential processing. Do you intend to simulate a large number of base stations ?

greetings
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,
    First of all, I highly appreciate your comments and your valuable feedback. Yes, you can consider like what you have said. In fact, I want to do a study about the Co-relation between the base stations but in case when they are working at the same time (in parallel). Pleasssse Stefan, I want your help in this issue, and from where in the simulator should start to change the sequential to parallel? and which part of code should be modified and how? and how many files should have this modification?

Stefan, I am looking forward to your feedback. Thank you very much for your help and support.

Best wishes

Seerwan

Hi,

co-relation (probably correlation) in what sense? I think your analysis is not a matter of sequential or parallel programming. Correlation can also be studied when signals are processed sequentially. However, I am not sure what kind of correlation you mean, actually there is no correlation of channels from different base stations implemented

greetings
    Stefan

Seerwan
    Participant

Dear Stefan,
    Thank you for your concern. Could you let me know if it is possible to make all base stations called at a time, not sequentially.

Kind regards

Seerwan

Hi,

this is not possible in the current implementation.

greetings
    Stefan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.