SINR map results

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    heungseop
    Participant

Hello? I`m graduate school sutdent of Hanyang University in Korea.
    If user wants to see SINR or SNR map, we should take antenna sector gain in addition to pathloss map, shadow map.
    And there are 4 status for pixel in the map, that is, indoor(LOS, NLOS), outdoor(LOS, NLOS) according to TR 36.873.
    By the way, in v. 1.9 sysetm level simulator, although certain pixel is NLOS(indoor or outdoor), they only measure LOS azimuth angle and elevation angle and then plug-in LOS azimuth angle and elevation angle to get antenna sector gain. In NLOS status, I think we don`t know azimuth and elevation angle. I think they are random.
    With these reasons, when you compare UE SINR and SINR map, there is big difference when UE is NLOS(there is no difference when UE is LOS status).

Can you kindly explain?

Dear Heungseop,

The SINR map is generated based on the macroscopic fading. Thus for the long-term received power we do not consider NLOS or indoor/outdoor conditions, as during the simulation time the UE status might change (this is accounted in the microscopic fading -short term received power).

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.