Spectral efficiency in NOMA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sergio Gomez
    Participant

Dear Sir,

I would like to calculate and plot the spectral efficiency improvements using NOMA. The simulator just gives the graphic results based in BER and Throughput.

Would you please give some advice about how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sergio

Mariam Mussbah
    Keymaster

Dear Sergio,

All results (i.e. throughtput, BER, FER) are stored in the objects downlinkResults and uplinkResults.

Best,
    Mariam

Kiril Kirev
    Participant

Dear Sergio,

if You wish to include an online calculation and plotting of the system’s SE after each simulation end, then I might also suggest a slight modification to a couple of simulator files to achieve that.

First You’ll need to expand the properties of the ‘UserResults’ class in +Results/UserResults.m to include spectral efficiency and also to initialize it properly upon class construction. You could just copy-paste the lines for ‘Throughput’, for instance, and rename them.

Second, for the actual parameter calculation: since the SE is closely related to the system’s throughput, You could reuse the Throughput calculation code in +Results/SimulationResults.m, lines 175-184, and divide it by the chosen system bandwidth to obtain the SE. N.B The bandwidth is not an input parameter, but is rather determined by subcarrier spacing and number of subcarriers. This info is not accessible within the ‘UserResults.m’ file, so either You’ll need to manually change the bandwidth values or further change the simulator structure in order to gain access.

Lastly, in order to plot the SE, simply expand the code in +Results/plotResults.m in a similar copy-paste manner with the lines 123-151 and change the throughput container to the one You specified in the previous steps.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Kiril

Sergio Gomez
    Participant

Dear Kiril,
    Thank you very much for your answer.

But now I have a question about the results.

According to the theory, it is supposed that NOMA scheme improves the SE in the system and for FarUser, but in my simulation, when I run a no NOMA scenario vs NOMA scenario, in the second one, the SE for UE2 gets worst than in scenario1. The same results are obtained for the throughput.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance.
    Regards,

Sergio

Bashar Tahir
    Participant

Dear Sergio,

The implementation of NOMA in our simulator is based on the 3GPP MUST scheme in which the farUE is limited to QPSK modulation. The scheme is to be used such that a strong cell-center UE is coupled with a weak cell-edge UE that cannot transmit with high rate anyway to begin with.

If you switch to OMA, and let the transmit power of the BS increases, then sure, at some point the farUE will no longer be weak (since it now has very high SNR), and then it would comfortably switch to high modulation orders and code rates, hence, resulting in a higher throughput.

Best,
    Bashar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.