UE antenna gain in interfering_macroscopic_pathloss

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yvan
    Participant

Hi all,

I am using “LTE-A-DL-System-Level-Simulator-Rel-v1-9-Q2-2016”, and have a question about the calculation of macroscopic_pathloss.

Function “obj.get_signal_macroscale_losses” in UE.m (line 355) is used to calculate “user_macroscopic_pathloss_lin”, which is the macroscopic pathloss of attached eNodeB. The value of “user_macroscopic_pathloss_lin” includes macroscopic_pathloss, wall_loss and UE antenna_gain. This is easy to understand.

However, the macroscopic pathloss of interfering eNodeBs, “interfering_macroscopic_pathloss_eNodeB_lin”, which is calculated by function “filter_out_interferers_below_SINR” in UE.m (line 404), only includes macroscopic_pathloss.

In general, why the signal of attached eNodeB is influenced by macroscopic_pathloss, wall_loss and UE antenna_gain, but the signal of interfering eNodeBs is only influenced by macroscopic_pathloss? Is this a code error? I think the signal of interfering eNodeB should be also influenced by macroscopic_pathloss, wall_loss and UE antenna_gain.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Yvan

Dear Yvan,

In both cases (desired and interfering links) pathloss and antenna gain are considered for the total path-loss. If you look at the function get_interfering_macroscale_losses() in UE.m, you will see that also antenna gain is added to the path loss.

If this is not the case for you, I’d suggest to get the latest version of the simulator or re-download the version you have.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.