UE height

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Oscar
    Participant

Dear moderators,

I tried running a simulation using a UE height of 1.4m, but it said there was an error. Is it possible to run simulations with heights lower than 1.5m? Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
    Oscar

Dear Oscar,

Yes, it is possible to run simulations with any value for the parameter UE height. Can you please provide me with the details of your parameter settings for the simulation and the error that you got?!

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Oscar
    Participant

Dear Fjolla,

Thank you for your quick response! I’m using the 3D model script. When changing the UE height to 1.4m and running the simulation, it stops while debugging. The transmission mode I’m using is a 2×2 MU-MIMO, round robin MU scheduler, 10 tti’s, and the UE height is 1.4m. After changing it back to 1.5m the simulation runs just fine. The error I’m getting is the following:

Generating indoor UE map
    Generating UE height map
    Creating cell pathloss map
    Error using image
    Invalid datatype for Image CData. Numeric or logical matrix required for image CData.

Error in imagesc (line 20)
    hh = image(varargin{:},’CDataMapping’,’scaled’);

Error in macroscopic_pathloss_models.generalPathlossModel.calculate_pathloss_maps (line 176)
    figure(6); imagesc(roi_x, roi_y, sector_antenna_gain_dB(:,:,s_idx));

Error in network_generation.generated_network (line 138)
    macroscopic_pathloss_models.generalPathlossModel.calculate_pathloss_maps(LTE_config,eNodeB_sites,networkMacroscopicPathlossMap);

Error in LTE_init_network_generation (line 71)
    [sites, eNodeBs, networkPathlossMap] = network_generation.generated_network(LTE_config);

Error in LTE_sim_main (line 39)
    [sites, eNodeBs, networkPathlossMap, networkShadowFadingMap LTE_config] =
    LTE_init_network_generation(LTE_config,varargin);

Error in LTE_sim_main_launcher_3D_model (line 84)
    output_results_file = LTE_sim_main(LTE_config);

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
    Oscar

Dear Oscar,

There was a bug in the code, when you want to plot the antenna gain using imagesc function, with different UE height values, an imaginary number was generated that caused this error only when plotting. The bug is fixed and you can re-download the simulator, or only replace the file +macroscopic_pathloss_models/generalPathlossModel.m with the updated one.

Regarding UE height, note that the given parameter LTE_config.rx_height is only an initial parameter. There is a so called UE_height_map that is generated in +macroscopic_pathloss_models/generalPathlossModel.m with the actual height values for each pixel (a map with the same size as the pathloss map is generated for UE heights). This is generated based on the 3D model specification, depending whether the UE is LOS or NLOS, so if you look at the code, with the value LTE_config.rx_height are determined the NLOS pixels in the map, that is why it was set 1.5m according to the standard. However you can modify the height map without restricitions on its values.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.