UE traces SINR

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stoynov
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to ask you about the SINR and interference powers – why the entries are empty in the UE_traces?

I examined the LTE_sim_main file but I can not realize how to find the values of SINR and interference powers and to save them to the ue-traces.
    Obviously they are taken into account, but are not saved.

Thanks in advance!

Dear Stoynov,

In our simulator it is possible to save parameters in three different groups/levels by setting the parameter:

LTE_config.compact_results_file = 0 (or 1 or 2) meaning that when it is set to zero it saves almost all parameters for each UE and also the SINR values. You can also addapt which parameters you want to save in +utils/resultsFileReader.m.

Best regards,
    Fjolla

Stoynov
    Participant

Dear Fjolla,

I set LTE_config.compact_results_file to be equal to 0, but that do not solve the problem – there is still no entries for SINR and interference powers.
    Also I need to find a parameter (like user throughput) which may give me information for any user at any TTI.
    Do you know where the throughput values for each user during the simulation are saved/stored?

Thank for your reply,
    Stoynov

Hi Victor,

you can find the calculation of the average throughput in the function calculate_final_average_throughput_Mbps of ueTrace. There you can see what is used for calculating the throughput. This function is called in LTE_sim_main as ‘simulation_traces.calculate_UE_aggregates;’

To trace the SINR, you have to add LTE_config.trace_SINR in your configuration file (per default it is not stored on a TTI basis).

Best regards,
    Martin

Oscar
    Participant

Dear Martin,

Is it necessary to set the parameter LTE_config.trace_SINR to something? I added that line to the 3D model script, and set it to ‘true’, and while the simulation ran just fine, no SINR mapping nor levels were shown. Could you please tell me how to show the SINR mapping/levels? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Oscar

Hi Oscar,

yes, you have to set it to ‘true’. This leads to information about the SINR per TTI being stored in the ueTrace object.

Check simulation_traces.UE_traces for the stored values there.

Best regards,
    Martin

Oscar
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Martin!

Would it be possible for you to let me know how to show the SINR mapping (plot)? I did as you said, but it just shows the “SINR differences” plots, not the SINR levels.

Thank you in advance!
    Oscar.

Hi Oscar,

what exactly do you want to plot? The SINR that is used for the transmission is stored in the traces, but it is not plotted in the GUI if that is your question. I am not sure what you mean by “SINR differences”.

Please specify further what you want to do, so that I can help you.

Best regards,
    Martin

Oscar
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thanks for replying. That’s what I meant, I want to know if it’s possible to plot the SINR levels, so I can actually see the SINR mapping within the coberture area. When running a simulation one of the plots shows the “SINR difference (macroscopic fading)” and the “SINR difference (macroscopic and shadow fading)”. I’d like to know if there’s a way in which just the SINR levels are shown.

Also, when accessing the simulation_traces.UE_traces(nUE).SINR archive I can see that there’s an X number of arrays, corresponding to the number of TTIs used. Some of them are 1x1x32, and some are 1x1x34 arrays. When I open one of them, I can see that there are either 32 or 34 values stored. Could you please tell me what those values correspond to? I was thinking that I’d find the SINR level in dBs stored for each TTI in that archive, but I’m confused as to why there are so many values.

Thank you so much for your time and attention.

Best regards,
    Oscar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.