Using simulator with MATLAB 2019b on macOS 10.15.7

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Ellsworth
    Participant

I know you cannot support all versions of MATLAB on various operating systems. But I want to ask anyway.

Are there any tips for getting this simulator to run under MATLAB 2019b and macOS 10.15.7? I know these are MUCH newer versions than was used for the original development of this code. Below are some of the various errors I get.

When trying to build MEX files:

Building with 'Xcode with Clang'.
    xcrun: error: SDK "macosx10.15.6" cannot be located
    /Users/nathan/Documents/MATLAB/LTE-A_Rel4/./C-source/Gold_sequence_generation.c:87:14: warning: incompatible pointer types assigning to 'unsigned char *' from 'double *' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
        gold_seq = mxGetPr(OUTPUT_gold_seq);
                 ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1 warning generated.

xcrun: error: SDK "macosx10.15.6" cannot be located

When trying to run LTEA_sim_batch_quick_test_MUMIMO.m

Error using optimset (line 249)
    Unrecognized parameter name 'Simplex'.  Please see the options table in the documentation for a list of acceptable option parameters. Note that some parameters are only
    supported by OPTIMOPTIONS. Link to options table

Error in schedulers.ZF_MUMIMO (line 41)
               obj.linprog_options = optimset('LargeScale','off','Simplex','on','Display','off');

Error in LTE_load_parameters_generate_elements (line 895)
                BS(bb).scheduler =
                schedulers.ZF_MUMIMO(LTE_params.Nrb,LTE_params.Nsc*LTE_params.Ns,UE(LTE_params.connection_table(bb,:)),LTE_params.scheduler,LTE_params.CQI_params,averager,mapping_data,[LTE_params.CQI_params(20).modulation_order,LTE_params.CQI_params(1:15).modulation_order],LTE_params.Tsubframe,LTE_params.scheduler.alpha,LTE_params.BS_config.nTx,LTE_params.feedback.codebook,LTE_params.feedback.CB,LTE_params.feedback.CQI_quantization,LTE_params.Nsc);

There are many other similar errors. Is it hopeless for this simulator to run on modern macOS and MATLAB version? Do I need an older MATLAB on Windows to be successful?

Thanks for any help.

Nathan Ellsworth
    University of Texas at Dallas

Stefan Schwarz
    Participant

Dear Nathan,

unfortunately, I have no experience with using the simulator on macOS and can therefore not help you with the first issue.

Regarding the second issue: ‘Simplex’ has been removed already a while ago from Matlab. However, you can simply remove the option ‘Simplex’, ‘on’. This should not be important for the simulator and Matlab should automatically choose an appropriate solver.

Best,
    Stefan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.