Course No. 389.157
2021S, VU, 4.0h, 6.0EC
- Structure of Mobile Wireless Systems and Networks
- The cellular principle/Erlang distributions
- Architecture of transmitter and receiver
- Service in mobile communications
- Modulation and transmission in wireless systems
- Uplink and downlink
- Wireless channels
- Combatting fading
- Access methods
- How do wireless networks work
- Basics of GSM
- Basics of UMTS
- Transmission with multiple antennas
- Wireless network planning
Homework problems can be downloaded from TUWEL, usually two weeks before the exercise class.
The exercises have to be solved and uploaded to TUWEL by no later than 48h before the lecture.
The Midterm exam will take place on 17.06.2021 14:00. It will include everything covered in class until then. The questions asked will be similar to the homework examples. You are allowed to use a calculator and lecture notes.
The final exam will be oral. For the exam please register in TISS. Should you need an extra appointment please contact one of the lectures.
More information on this course can be found on TISS
Each exercise should be submitted 2 days before the exercise date (9am):
- HW1: 18.03.2021
- HW2: 15.04.2021
- HW3: 22.04.2021
- HW4: 06.05.2021
- HW5: 27.05.2021
- HW6: 24.06.2021
Lecture Notes (Skriptum) + Homeworks
Homeworks will be uploaded on TUWEL.
The lecture slides can be found on the courses TISS page.