5th Generation Wireless Technologies
Course No. 389.193
2018S, VO, 2.0h, 3.0EC
Time and Place:
Monday 15:30 – 17:00, CG 0402
first date (preliminary discussion): March 5
This lecture provides a broad overview of fourth generation (4G) mobile communications and introduces technologies that are relevant for fifth generation (5G) mobile networks.
Lecture slides (Pwd: 389193):
by appointment. Please contact Prof. Markus Rupp.
alternatively: Matlab project; please contact Dr. Stefan Schwarz.
- 4G LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband, E. Dahlmann, S. Parkvall and J. Sköld, Elsevier Academic Press
- Evaluation of HDSPA and LTE – From Testbed Measurements to System Level Performance, S. Caban, C. Mehlführer, M. Rupp and M. Wrulich, Wiley
- MIMO Wireless Networks, B. Clerckx and C. Oestges, Elsevier Academic Press
- Fundamentals of Wireless Communication, D. Tse and P. Viswanath, Cambridge University Press
- Convex Optimization, S. Boyd, Cambridge University Press
- 3GPP webpage
- Mobile Communications Research Group
- CD Lab webpage
- Convex Optimization Matlab Toolbox CVX
- Convex Optimization Book – Stephen Boyd