Thank you for your interest in our institute. All open positions are announced here.
Please Note: We do not accept any general unsolicited applications. If one of the open positions fits your profile, please apply to the specific position and to the person mentioned in the announcement.
The TU Wien is committed to increase female employment in leading scientist positions. Qualified female applicants are expressly encouraged to apply and will be given preference when equally qualified.
TU Wien is strongly committed to its diversity hiring goals and strategies (TU Diversity-Management) and strives to employ persons with disabilities with appropriate qualifications and explicitly encourage them to send in their application. For requests please contact the councelling for people with disabilities at the TU Wien (Gerhard Neustätter, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Die Universität strebt eine Erhöhung des Frauenanteils insbesondere in Leitungsfunktionen und beim wissenschaftlichen bzw. künstlerischen Personal an und fordert deshalb qualifizierte Frauen ausdrücklich zur Bewerbung auf. Bewerberinnen, die gleich geeignet sind wie der bestgeeignete Mitbewerber, werden vorrangig aufgenommen, soferne nicht in der Person eines Mitbewerbers liegende Gründe überwiegen.
Wir sind bemüht, behinderte Menschen mit entsprechender Qualifikation einzustellen und fordern daher ausdrücklich zur Bewerbung auf. Bei Rückfragen wenden Sie sich bitte an die Behindertenvertrauensperson der TU Wien, Herrn Gerhard Neustätter email@example.com.
Project Assistant in Interference Management for Digital Subscriber Lines(Announced: Nov 20, 2017)
We are offering a project assistant position (limited to 12 months) in the field of Distributed Interference Cancelation for Digital Subscriber Lines (DSL). Next-Generation DSL offers data rates of more than 1Gbps over shorter copper loops and higher bandwidth compared to legacy DSL.
However, during network migration various DSL technologies may coexist and therefore suffer from interference. Hence, the goal of this work is the development and simulation of various interference management strategies and the analysis of the tradeoff between performance and the required information exchange.
Needed skills include:
- A strong background in communication theory and signal processing for communications
- A self-driven and autonomous (research oriented) working style
- Basic analytical and programming skills (Matlab)
Currently we have no internship positions available. Unsolicited applications will not be considered.
Summer Internship general information
Dear students interested in applying for a Summer Internship!
We welcome your interest in doing an internship at our institute. However, please note the following issues which we request you to read before you apply:
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer you a paid internship. You have the opportunity to receive relevant practical experience but without any expectation of compensation.
- You must insure yourself for accidents and health. We will not insure you against illnesses, accidents and personal liability for the duration of your internship.
- The students or their organization(s) are expected to pay the travel costs. We will not reimburse any travel costs incurred by the interns.
- We do not bear expenses for the accommodation, which may arise during the stay of your internship. Costs for accommodation are the responsibility of the intern or their sponsoring institution.
- Our offer for interships is subject to availability of supervising staff and office space.
Please include a recommendation letter of one of your teachers or previous employers.
Summer Internship detailed information
- Contact address for internships: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct inquiries addressed to any individual staff member of the department will be ignored.
With best regards,
Head of institute